The short Reverie Arc had a really big impact and gave us so much background information. Today I want to try to collect all information we have and put them together.
The biggest questions are: Who are the Rocks(Rokkusu) Pirates and what is the connection between them and Big Mom and the Lurking Legend?
We know that the Rocks Pirates were extremely prominent 40 years ago and defined an era that lasted until Gol D. Roger‘s rise to prominence as the Pirate King.
Which character was already active at this time? If it was their Age and I assume the period of their reign was more than just one year.
The current era of the great pirate age has been going on for 24 years. If Roger’s Age has start with his last and greatest journey, his age had been going on for roundabout 5 years.
And because this is a speculation thread, i speculate that the age of the Rocks Pirates had been going on for about 10 years.
Okay so: Here is a list of the characters, who were already old enough to take a part in the history of the Rocks Pirates Age.
(Just for your information: In brackets is the start and end age of each character in the 10 years of the age. Besides, if known, what they did in time)
- Dr. Kureha (90-100 yrs. old)
- Dorry & Broggy (both 110-120 yrs. old – fighting in Little Garden)
- Brook (40-50 yrs. old – on the ship of the Rumbar Pirates. While all his crew died when he was 41 – he sailed alone for 9 years in the Florian Triangle. Important note for later: He might known Roger as a Rookie but didn’t recognize Big Mom.)
- Hajrudin (31-41 yrs. old)
- Sengoku (29 – 39 yrs. old)
- Monkey D. Garp (28-38 yrs. old)
- Rayleigh (28-38 yrs. old)
- Gol D. Roger (27 – 37 yrs. old)
- Tsuru (26 – 36 yrs. old)
- Edward Newgate (24 – 34 yrs. old)
- Crocus (23 – 33 yrs. old)
- Lao G (20 – 30 yrs. old)
- Charlotte Linlin (18 – 28 yrs. old)
- Loki (15 – 25 yrs. old)
- Road (15 – 25 yrs. old)
- Goldberg (15 – 25 yrs. old)
- Jora (11 – 21 yrs. old)
- Borsalino (8 – 18 yrs. old)
- Sakazuki (5 – 15 yrs. old)
Kuzan, Gekko Moriah and other characters are at most 10 years old – so I’m leaving them out.
But there are characters who are definitely older than 10 and could play a role in the story:
- Kaido (Big Mom reminded him of the past)
- The Gorosei (even from their look they are just old)
- Dr. Hiluluk
Okay, now we have a list and can jump to the next chapter:
Where do the individuals belong to?
Marines & Government:
- Im-Sama (Position: ?)
- The Gorosei (Position: Heads of the Government)
- Kong (As he was the Fleet-Admiral at Edd-War, I think we can assume that he was at least a Vice-Admiral 50-40 yrs. ago)
- Sengoku (Maybe already a Vice-Admiral)
- Garp (In this time period he received his title “Hero of the Marines” – maybe already a Vice-Admiral)
- Tsuru (same as Sengoku and Garp – maybe already a Vice-Admiral)
- Borsalino and Sakazuki (maybe Chore-boys?)
- Rayleigh (as he was invited from a young Roger to join his crew, probably also a Rookie)
- Gol D. Roger (50 yrs. ago as a Rookie)
- Whitebeard (even younger as Roger = Rookie)
- Streusen and Big Mom (together they formed the Big Mom Pirates)
- Kaido (?)
- Shiki (As he is probably the same age as Roger and Garp => Rookie)
- Shakky (it’s only stated, that Garp tried to capture her, more than 40 yrs. ago, when she was an active pirate)
- Chinjao (fought with Garp 30 yrs ago – and from his looks he is as old as Garp. So he was back then in his 20s. Maybe a Rookie, maybe already a well-known pirate.)
- Lao G (?)
- Hajrudin, Road, Goldberg (but at this time probably not active yet)
- Brook & the Rumbar Pirates (well, those guys were no rookies and over all the only known pirate group from this age yet)
- Jora (probably just a kid)
- Bakkin (sailed with Witebeard 40 years ago on the same ship)
- Dr. Kureha
- Dr. Hiluluk
We’ve got plenty of characters who could have a connection to the Rocks Pirates. But I want to pay attention to a few:
- Big Mom
- Rayleigh & Roger
- Lurking Legend
First, why Brook?
He is currently one of the oldest known pirates. As the Rocks Pirates where the Bigshot at the time, when the Rumbar Pirates where active, they must have heard of them. Nowadays pirates like Big Mom, Whitebeard and Kaido are well-known in the world – especially under pirates. As already stated, that it was the Age of the Rocks Pirates and Brook probably even knows the Rookie named Roger– he must known the Rocks Pirates.
But as he did not recognize Big Mom, I think we can assume, that Big Mom was not part of the crew. She had her own crew – together with Streusen – and in these 10 years she already gave birth to her first children.
I couldn’t find any connection to Kaido – so maybe he does know him, maybe not.
We do know, that she has some connection to Kaido. Also many speculated, that both of them took part in the same crew. Big Mom is known for her endless hunger. Maybe she wanted the position of the Rocks Pirates. And as Kaido was a Crewmember of the Rocks Pirates – they were plotting together the end of the Rocks Pirates’ Age.
Kaido also known as the “Strongest Creature in the World” is the general of the Beasts Pirates and one of the Yonko.
As stated earlier, I think he could be a member of the Rocks Pirates. We don’t know his actual age, but he was not mentioned from Garp etc. to be part of the old generation. So I think he was a rookie at this time. Like Shanks and Buggy on Roger’s ship.
Monkey D. Garp
Nowdays he is known as the Hero of the Marines and that he received his title over 40 years ago because of the Rocks Pirates.
Hina: “All this talk of Kaido and Big Mom…They’re the reason you’re called the hero of the Marines, aren’t they?”
Garp: “Oh Rox, eh? (…) Yes, before Roger, the Age was theirs.”
That could mean they were in the same crew.
Anyway there is another character, he was chasing more than 40 years ago:
Why do I think, that Shakky has a connection to the Rocks Pirates and despite her age, why does she look so young?
Garp chasing a Pirate reminds me of Smoker chasing Luffy. Luffy will be a big thread in the future – maybe it will be known as the Age of the Straw Hats. I do not believe, that Shakky was the captain of the Rocks, but that she had her own little crew and end up in joining the Rocks Pirates. Like Ace and the Spade Pirates with Whitebeard.
42 Years ago she opened her shop on the Sabody Archipel – maybe after the Rox-Crew were disbanded.
Rayleigh & Roger
The Roger Pirates are nowdays known as the most famous pirate crew in the world. Rayleigh was at his age of 76 a 100 times stronger than the rookies on Sabody and was on par with Borsalino – who is an Admiral in his Prime.
Furthermore I think, that the captain of the Rocks Pirates was even stronger than the crew of Roger – but he couldn’t find Raftel and achieve the title of the Pirate King. After the end of the Rocks Pirates, the new age began and those who stood in the shadow of the reign of the Rocks Pirates, came to the light:
- Roger Pirates
- Big Mom Pirates
- Kaido’s Beasts Pirates
- Shiki’s Golden Lion Pirates
- Whitebeard Pirates
Recently Marco said that Whitebeard was more than 40 years ago a member of a pirate crew and Bakkin sailed with him. Maybe there was a romantic situation between them. But as we do nothing more I rather would say, that both of them were just crewmates of the Rocks Pirates and after the breakdown they started their own lives.